Damian de Montemas
Mark Leonard Winter
Seeking justice and revenge, five friends violently attack a man in his remote country house. Their plan: the perfect murder. Confident that their victim’s death by his own hand will not be questioned, they overdose him on sleeping pills, but it all goes horribly wrong when their attempt fails and their victim fights for his life.
In the aftermath, questions are raised about the true nature of the events leading up to the botched attack. As lies and secrets are revealed, the dynamic of the once-tight group shifts as the friends begin to question each other’s motives. As they move closer to the truth, the weight of their quest for justice drives them to a place of no return.
Awarded "Best Feature Film” by the Youth Jury at the Fancine Film Festival (Fantastic Film Festival at the University of Malaga, Spain) 2011.
2013 WA Screen Awards: Winner, Best Cinematography – Long Form (Torstein Dyrting, ACS), Nominated, Best Feature Film, Best Sound – Long Form (Ric Curtin), Best Editing – Long Form (Meredith Watson Jeffrey).
Bronze Award - Australian Cinematographers Society Awards, South Australian-Western Australian Division.
Nominated for "Best Feature Film" at the 2013 WA Screen Awards.
Nominated for “Best Editing in a Feature Film” at the 2011 Australian Screen Editors Awards.
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Cinefest Oz
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Chicago International Film Festival
- Victoria Film Festival Canada
- Australian Film Festival in India
- Buenos Aires International Film Festival of Independent Cinema
- CPH PIX Film Festival Denmark
- Cannes Cinephiles – Cinema des Antipodes France
- Fancine Film Festival Spain
- Saint Tropez Film Festival
- Dublin International Film Festival
- Armadale Independent Film Festival